It is the policy of Thermoplastic Designs and Lines Limited that all reasonably practicable steps will be taken to provide safe and healthy working conditions and environments so that the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors, customers, vulnerable groups and the general public are protected from our activities at all times.
We expect our employees, contractors, suppliers, visitors, and other employers who are engaged at our work locations to share this commitment by complying with our policies and, where appropriate, our procedures and to understand that they too have legal and moral obligations to protect themselves and to one another.
Management and Supervisory staff and any other employee will demonstrate compliance with the company policy on health, safety and welfare by:
- Providing and maintaining a work environment, which is, so far as reasonably practicable, safe and in which risks to safety and health are controlled to an acceptable level.
- Providing and maintaining adequate facilities and arrangements for the welfare of people at work.
- Providing and maintaining plant and equipment so that it is, so far as reasonably practicable, safe and that risks to health are controlled to an acceptable level.
- Ensuring that the use, handling, storage and transportation of all items and substances are carried out safely and that risks to health are controlled.
- Providing and implementing systems of work that are safe and where risks to safety and health are controlled.
- Providing and maintaining all necessary expertise and competence to carry out the requirements of this policy and risk assessments for all the work they carry out.
- Providing effective communication and consultation, planning, monitoring, inspection and auditing procedures to ensure that there is sound management of health and safety throughout the company.
- Providing the information, instruction, training and supervision at all levels necessary to ensure that our employees and contractors or others affected by our activities are aware of the hazards at each workplace, together with the appropriate measures to be taken to protect against these hazards.
- Where no company policies or guidance exists, we expect our employees and contractors to meet the highest applicable standards and to comply with relevant legislation. Where no standards exist, we will work with our employees and contractors to develop safe systems of work which comply with best practice and eliminate or minimise the risks to health, safety, welfare or the environment so far as reasonably practicable.
It is our intention to educate our employees in health and safety practice, implementation and management of risk. Wherever possible, information on the legislation and standards applicable to employee’s job descriptions will be provided to workers. In areas of work, which are highly regulated, our employees and all contractors will be expected to attend certain training or awareness courses as a mandatory requirement.
The company often operates on other employer’s premises, land or sites. In such circumstances, we will establish clear lines of responsibility for the effective coordination of health and safety between other employers. We undertake to continually review and develop our safety management systems, with the overarching aim of conducting our activities in a manner, which does not affect the health and safety of any employee, contractor, visitors to our works or members of the public.
I and the other members of Management are committed to this Policy and to the implementation and maintenance of the highest standards of health, safety and welfare across the company. We expect every member of our team to share this commitment and to work together to achieve.
Nina Osborne, Director