The Company Directors recognise the need to adopt high environmental standards in all areas of its operation and is committed to working in a ‘sustainable’ manner designed to prevent or reduce pollution and ensure the protection of the environment, its employees, contractors and neighbours.
In order to achieve this the Company will:
- Maintain and review systems, relating to the Company’s environmental aspects, to ensure compliance with all applicable legal and other requirements.
- Encourage employee involvement in environmental matters at all levels through participative action groups, communication, training and reporting of environmental performance.
- Set, publish and regularly review environmental objectives in order to achieve a continual improvement in environmental performance. The environmental objectives and targets identified during the assessment of significant environmental aspects reviewed at the quarterly Directors Review Meetings.
- Deliver our services, whilst considering environmental aspects, which minimize all forms of pollution.
- Actively source materials from certified, well-managed suppliers where recycled materials and products are available.
- Train employees who could have an effect on environmental impacts into the correct emergency procedures as well as the appropriate methods for; handling and using materials; operating and maintaining plant and equipment.
- Maintain and review systems to minimize waste through careful selection of raw materials; stock and process control; changes in operational procedures and the recycling and reclaiming of raw materials.
- Promote among suppliers and customers an appreciation of environmental issues with respect to the business.
- Maintain and review systems to ensure the optimum use of all energy sources.
- Review new technologies and material developments with respect to their environmental impact.