Playground marking ideas and how they can inspire learning?
A playground is a dynamic place of learning, play, communication and development. With such a range of possibilities it is obvious that playground designs have an abundance of potential. The same is true of playground markings. There are a range of things to consider when planning marking ideas, and they will depend on what parents and guardians want to provide for their children. For example, some types of marking are functional whereas others are strictly decorative. Here we will explore the considerations to take into account when coming up with ideas and installing playground markings.
Thinking of the end result
Playgrounds can be a place for play and learning. Some types of marking foster a sense of play more than learning, and vice versa. It is vital that people create a space for children that is going to achieve a balance of fun and wholesome learning. People should consider the following options:
- Games: Games such as hopscotch provide an active sense of fun for children. Adding game markings is strictly about fun, so if the intention is to inspire such feelings games are a good choice for a playground.
- Learning: Numeracy and literacy are crucial in helping children to develop skills that will serve them throughout their lives. By incorporating alphabet and number markings. It is possible to encourage children to actively learn and retain important concepts in an enjoyable and active way.
- Design: Sometimes a marking serves no other purpose than making a visual impression. Small children in particular respond to designs of animals or images of footprints, which makes them suitable for nurseries. Purely decorative markings can also add a sense of colour to a playground space.
Markings can also include elements of science, such as a map or chart of the solar system. A small amount of consideration to the ultimate intention of the playground markings makes coming up with ideas much easier. Whether learning, playing or simply providing a visual stimulus, there are numerous markings suitable for each aim.
Incorporate activity and sports
As children grow, they require a lot of physical activity to develop and grow in a healthy way. Making use of playground markings that are representative of various sports courts can encourage children to be active and interact with each other. Team games are a learning opportunity for children. They are able to be socially interactive and the lessons they learn will give them a foundation that they can take through their school life and into the world at large.
Types of playground marking that incorporate sports include the following:
- Football: Football, whether that is five a side or regular football, is a simple game that children can play together. With plenty of running, this is a good way to keep children active.
- Netball: Girls tend to particularly enjoy netball and this is a good opportunity for team sport in a school playground. It is also possible to install markings that incorporate both netball and basketball, for a more versatile sports court.
- Long jump: Although not a team sport, children can enjoy competition with one another by using a long jump marking. Long jump is a particularly athletic activity, and individuals can make use of it as well as groups.
Giving children the opportunity to be active is key to inspiring them to play together. Sports court playground markings provide this opportunity, and instil a spirit of cooperation within children.
Creativity and expression
Children can access many parts of their expressive senses very readily. It is something that people must nurture in children to successfully develop their creativity. Outside of the classroom, playground markings are an effective way to do this.
Ways to instill children with a sense of creative expression include the following:
- Dancing: Children can dance for a creative and physically active playground experience, with the possibility of playing together and learning team movements being another advantage.
- Mazes: The wonderful sense of imagination that children are able to access is a fundamental feature of their character. A maze marking can provide the framework for a child to let their mind wander and create their own adventure.
- Road rules: Our roadway markings are a fresh way to encourage children to express themselves through imaginative play, and they also serve to teach children road safety from a young age.
A playground is a space that teaches a child the importance of a community and interacting with others. Playground markings that encourage creativity and expression are a good way to further this sense. Additionally, the use of markings that foster creativity are a benefit to children for whom team sports or learning-based activities are less appealing.
Playground markings for healthy development
An effective playground marking can inspire and delight children during their activity. Whether in a school or a public setting it is important to nurture growing minds, and effective markings in a playground design are an effective way to do that. It can be difficult to find appropriate markings that will last and arrive at an affordable price, but we always use a durable design that lasts 8-10 times longer than paint. The designs are also all environmentally friendly.
You can enquire today to help develop your perfect playground design.